Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Year Gone, Another Year Begun



   I find it hard to believe that we are in the third day of a new year. This year I will become a quarter of a century old, my little sister will graduate from high school, my oldest baby will turn 5 and begin kindergarten, my little baby will turn 2, and so many other bittersweet occasions are in store for this new year of 2011.
    I haven't posted anything to this blog in a while, and I apologize. Trying to do '25 Days of Christmas in Cookies' for Cookin' By The Seat Of My Pants took up my time....oh yea, and getting ready for Christmas too. :) I would say that I have resolutions for the new year, but resolutions get broken. Instead, there are things I am going to strive to do. First thing would be to walk Peanut around the lake 3 days a week, which coincides with when Kyleigh is in school. To give myself the push I need, I'm going to use the money I got from my generous grandparents and get myself a pair of the Reebok EasyTone shoes. C'mon, who doesn't love a new pair of shoes??? And then I'll want to wear them all the time...which is kinda the point since they help tone your thighs and buttocks so the more you wear them, the more likely the are to do what they are said to do.
   Moving on to the second thing. Kyleigh doesn't really seem to eat meat of any variety. So I've decided to try to work around that more and try some vegetarian meals. Now, the rest of us are carnivores so cutting meat out is completely absurd. :) But I would like to have less fights at dinner and thus it would force us to consider more healthy options. I'm looking forward to the challenge. :) 
   Lastly, I have one more goal for 2011. (Yes there are only 3 because the fewer goals, or resolutions, the less likely one is to break them.) I want to come up with a special project for my cooking blog for each month. It will be a fun way to make each month different and keep the blog fresh. For January, it will be a Dessert of the Week every Friday. 

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment