Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

In a Sunday Funk...But Still Giving Thanks

    As the day comes to a close, so does the end to an awesome four-day weekend. Having my hubby home for four days in a row has been wonderful. I think that is why everyone was a little on the cranky/anxious/agitated/can't-do-anything-to-make-me-happy side of things--we just aren't looking forward to Nate going back to work. So to ease this Sunday funk, I've already turned my thoughts to his Christmas vacation. We are still trying to hammer out the specs, but no matter how it turns out he will be home for at least a week...all in a row! It is going to be unbelievable!
    I am hoping to have fun baking with my daughter this week, and use fun sprinkles! Tonight for dinner I made chocolate chip pancakes and threw in some of the cinnamon drops Jill brought back for me. Yumm!


    For Thanksgiving we got to be with those we are thankful for. In the morning we went over to my mom and step-dad's house. Peanut came too! I got to spend time with my mom, step-dad, and my little sister. That made me happy. I am thankful for each of them.


      I am thankful for my mom. She is a wonderful, strong, resilient woman and without her I would not be the person I am today. I am thankful for all that she has taught me over the years and even though I no longer live at home, the learning doesn't stop. She sacrificed so much while we were kids, and I hope she knows that we are more appreciative with each passing day. Thank you Mommy, for showing me where I want to go and what I want to be.
      I am thankful for my step-dad. He is a great, kind, caring man who makes my mom happy. They make a great team and I am so very thankful that he and my mom found each other. And that he cares about my sister, my girls, my mom's doggies, and is kind enough to taste-test my baked goodies for me and give me feedback. :)
      I am thankful for my little sister. We aren't that close seeing as how we are seven years apart--which means she is in the midst of her senior year of high school and is so busy, I wonder how she has time for her homework. My sister is one of the kindest people I have met. She is talented and excels at whatever she does. I am so proud to be able to call her my sister and so very thankful God blessed me with my family.


    After hanging out at my mom's, we came back to our place to drop Peanut off and pick up the food for dinner at the in-laws. As you've read in my Cooking Blog, I brought Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake as well as Pumpkin Bread. It was a great time hanging out and having dinner with Nate's parents and his younger brother. (His younger sister and her husband were having dinner with his parents.) 
     
      I am so thankful for Nate's family. Over the last five and a half years, they have been there for us and helped us through a lot of tight spots. They have given us a place to stay when we needed one, they have watched one or both girls when we needed it, they have helped us out in countless other ways. The most important thing, however, is I am thankful for all the love and support they have given to Nate, Kyleigh, Abigail, and myself all this time. Without them, I really don't know how we would have gotten through some of those rough times. Thank you all for being there for us, through good and bad.


    After a most satisfying dinner followed by dessert, we all piled in the car and headed home. The girls, who had not napped at all during the day, were out shortly after being put to bed...actually, Kyleigh fell asleep in the five minutes it took to get home. It was nice to sit at home, on the couch, with my husband and my dog.


      I am very thankful for my husband. Nate changed my life the day he accepted my invitation to "hang out and watch 'Sin City'". I love him dearly and feel that he completes me in every way possible. We complement each other and where one slacks a bit, the other is there to compensate. We make a great team. This man is my best friend. He would go to the ends of the Earth, and beyond, to make me happy. (Of course me for him, to the stars and back.) I am so thankful that God helped us to find each other. And then bless us with two of the most beautiful girls.
      Kyleigh challenges me every day and helps me to grow as a mom. Abigail gives me the sweetness to make it through each day. I love them both so much more than words can say. My family gives my life meaning I never thought possible. They have helped me grow from an immature teen to a responsible, loving, strong, still sometimes immature ;) person. 


      To all of my family, my mom, my dad, my sister, my step-dad, my step-mom, my step-sister and -brother, my mother-in-law, my father-in-law, my brother- and sister-in-law, I owe everything to all of you and am thankful/grateful/appreciative/in-awe-of all you do and all you have done for me and my girls and my husband. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment