Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

    Friday started the weekend off a little rough since Nate didn't get home until about 8:30 pm. No worries though, Saturday was good and the girls got some fresh air. Saturday night I got to work on my costume. I decided to be a zookeeper-- basically, I went as myself. :) Just kidding. This was definitely a budget-friendly costume since the only thing I actually bought was the fabric paint. I got one of my husband's old work shirts (from one of his old jobs) and decided to paint on the back. 
    First thing was to draw out my design. I drew out 'The Harned Zoo' since I'm the 'Zookeeper' for our zoo. I drew out pictures of the "animals" of our zoo: Kyleigh, Peanut, and Abigail. Second was to cut it out so I could use it as a stencil. 

Then I covered my workspace in newspaper and positioned the stencil on the back of the shirt. I used a fabric paint spray in silver (that I bought from the craft store) for the lettering. 
    I drew the faces in pink fabric paint. Then I let it dry overnight. I know the so-called baby face looks alien-like...I didn't mean for it to come out that way. Strange. 
    Anyway, moving on to my girls. My adorable girls. Kyleigh was a pretty bride. She was the one who picked out her costume all by herself, and loved it! Abigail was the most adorable snuggly little bear. We went trick-or-treating with one of Kyleigh's friends and the girls had a great time. After a few houses, Abigail started getting the hang of things. Although she wouldn't say 'trick-or-treat', she was saying 'thank you' and 'bye bye'. :) 



   Before we went out Halloween night, we had a little get together. The grandparents wanted to see the girls in their costumes so we had my mom and Nate's parents over. Nate made Rice Krispy Treats and they were delicious! I made pigs in a blanket, gingerbread cookies, and a cheese sauce for chips. The cheese sauce consisted of sharp cheddar, smoked provolone, and mozzarella. I used a pumpkin as a serving dish!


 
















I used a pie pumpkin and cut a lid. Then I scooped out the seeds and gooey insides and poured the cheese sauce (that had been cooking up in pot on the stove over medium heat) inside the pumpkin. It was a hit!
I hope everyone else also enjoyed their Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment